Orane International College, British Columbia (OIC) has pledged its allegiance for safeguarding its students, clients and employees during these COVID ridden times. This process note shall cover population comprising of individuals who can vary widely in age, gender, ability, race, ethnicity / culture, and other factors.
We understand and acknowledge that all services within the Professional Beauty Industry carry maximum risk in this viral environment due to the nature of the training and services provided (tagged with inability to maintain social distancing). The staff has been trained to mitigate and control the risks involved.
1) Personal protection gear :
Faculties & Students :
N-95 Masks &/or disposable three layered masks
Gloves are mandatory.
Disposable gowns should be worn while conducting practical trainings in the class.
Clients for Salon Services :
Depending on nature of services availed, the clients should be requested to wear masks during entire/partially servicing duration.
2) Necessary Measures for avoiding any risks of viral infection :
– Mandatory Temperature Scanning : Temperature checking shall be done at the entrance of the College & Salon. Students/Staff/Visitors running fever would be turned away and asked to attend online classes or return for service after recovery.
– Mandatory Hand Hygiene : Proper hand hygiene is documented to be an essential action to reduce the spread of viral illness. Sanitizer dispensers have been installed at all entrances of the OIC & Salon. Frequent hand washing shall be advocated to everyone inside the premise during the day.
– Distancing : We acknowledge the necessity of maintaining social distance between every soul inside the premise. For students’ security, marked empty seats shall be placed between occupied ones to ensure distancing. For Teaching Staff, they have been sensitised with the pros and cons of maintaining social distance from students and other visitors. For Salon Clients, the visitation shall be properly done in organized fashion, as explained in the next point.
– Customer Interactions : The following mandates shall apply to manage/reduce the number of patrons with limited interactions :
> Appointments : All services must be scheduled with adequate time intervals between appointments to properly clean and disinfect. The overall operations’ Head shall be responsible to give staff ample time to disinfect and clean themselves after every client service. Patrons shall be requested to wait inside their cars or outside the premise until they are called in for service.
> Double booking : This shall be avoided at all times until the Covid scare is past us.
> Handshaking shall be discouraged inside the entire premise (College as well as Salon).
> Payments : Cashless payment system will be preferred mode of payment. If the POS equipment has to be tapped in by the client or student for entering PIN, then it shall be disinfected after every use.
> No magazines or newspaper shall be displayed to discourage chance of infection.
– Disinfection : OIC shall ensure disinfection of communal spaces or equipments at regular intervals, especially :
> Door handles on main entrance and restrooms
> Reception desk
> Sales/counselling counter
> Point of Sale (POS) equipment
> Service stations (esp Foot/nail or waxing counters)
– Items to be temporarily disallowed :
> Public Coffee or water stations
> Magazines / Books / Newspapers for communal reference
> Product testers / samples
> Multi use cream products
Special Plan for International Travellers
(aka Students enrolling from other countries)
We understand that the risk of infection increasing many times when an incumbent does international travel. The Canadian Govt has announced penalty on non-adherence of “14 days quarantine plan” by punishing :
upto 6 months of jail time,
a fine of upto CAD 750,000 and
immediate detention and removal from the country’s ground.
The following quarantine plan shall be applicable to all students flying in from other countries to join the Orane International college :
Transport Airport to place of quarantine :
For International Students, who have local relatives, they shall be escorted or shall have to hail private taxi to reach their place of quarantine.
For International Students, who are dependent on the College only : they shall be transported from the airport to the Premise of the quarantine which shall be one of the hotels mentioned below. Fooding and Meals shall be managed by College Travel Incharge:
Linda Vista Motel – 6498 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 4Z3
Canadian Inn – 6528 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 4Z3
Best Western – 8033 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 5B4, Canada
Such students will have to submit their COVID medical test report conducted at their home country (done before the travel).
Thermal screen and checking for visible symptoms of COVID shall be done at the Airport itself.
Student shall have to a suitable mask covering their mouth and nose while in transit, unless they reach their allocated room at the college.
On the third – fifth day of the arrival of such student, we shall get a COVID Medical test done on them and maintain the database for reference in future or when asked for by Govt Authorities.
The student shall be observed for following mentioned tell-tale symptoms :
fatigue or weakness,
muscle or body aches,
new loss of smell or taste,
gastrointestinal symptoms like abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting,
Such student shall not be allowed to leave the premise unless to avail medical assistance
Such student shall not be allowed access to communal spaces inside the school or outside such as public restrooms, classrooms, salon, lobby, religious places, etc
Such student shall have to adhere to maintaining the 2-metre distancing from every other person in the premise.
Visual and Databases for record keeping :
– poster displayed outside each lab about social distancing and instructions of wearing Masks compulsorily.
– pics of chairs labelled as VACANT with a Brown tape wrapped around in a classroom
– pics of sanitizers placed at the entrance, reception, student classrooms and labs, salon counters.
– pics of staff wearing masks
– attendance register where visitors details are recorded along with temperature measured
– Covid test reports of all international students (from before their travel from home country to 3 day after travel test report)