LIVING IN VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA
Welcome to Victoria! Victoria is a vibrant city at the southern point of Vancouver Island on Canada’s temperate west coast. If you like beaches, mountains, nature and fresh air, we have them at your feet here in the provincial capital of the province of British Columbia.
Victoria is famous for a remarkable natural environment, mild climate, and very friendly people. The relaxed lifestyle here on Vancouver Island provides a safe and comfortable location to live and learn. Victoria is consistently rated as one of the most liveable, safe, and welcoming cities in the world.
Victoria is the BEST!
Here are some of the awards and accolades that Victoria has received:
- the 2nd Sunniest Cities in British Columbia, with an average high summer temperature of 22 degrees Celsius and an average high winter temperature of 6.9 degrees Celsius
- Vancouver Island is ranked as the “Top Island” in continental North America and one of the Top Ten Islands in the world
- Voted “Canada’s Smartest, Fittest, and Most Walkable City”
- Voted the “Best Small City in the Americas”
- Voted “One of the World’s Friendliest Cities” by Travel & Leisure Magazine
- National Geographic has rated Victoria one of the best cold-water diving destinations in the world
- Canada’s Cycling Capital
- Home to 7 Canadian National Sports Teams: middle/long distance running, cycling, diving, rowing, rugby, swimming, and triathlon