Blackheads are like tiny little, almost invisible visitors on your face, that never seems to leave you. You know it’s there but no matter how hard you try, you can’t get rid of them once and for all. No matter how many products you use or regular visits you pay to the salon, they just keep coming back. It’s frustrating, right? Perhaps you need the ultimate solution that you can do yourself without much hassle and deal with the pesky blackheads for good.
Here’s an expert’s guide to extracting and maintaining blackheads right at your home. If you want to get it done from Professional Beautician, always visit an experienced beautician only or branded salon who have experienced staff.
What you’ll need?
A cling film/cling wrap, washcloths, facial tissues, a thick-creamy moisturiser, toner, cooling face mask.
5-Step Process to Remove Blackheads:
1. Right after your shower, apply a thick layer of a creamy moisturiser over the blackhead affected area. The greasy layer of the moisturiser will soften the blackheads, which will make the extraction easy.
2. Cover the area with a piece of the cling film. Apply a hot and damp washcloth over it. Use two layers of cloth, so if the top one cools down, the bottom one will retain the heat.
3. Wash your hand thoroughly, and wrap your fingers in facial tissue. Gently, repeat gently, squeeze the skin around the blackhead to remove and open the clogged pores.
4. When finished, wipe it off with an alcohol-free toner and follow it with a cooling gel mask.
5. To maintain the tautness of pores and preventing the blackheads from reappearing, keep using skincare products that contain salicylic acid, or retinol. You can also opt for prescription retinoids, which help tighten pores, thus keeping blackheads at bay.
Things to Remember!
● For best results, always do the extraction procedure right after showering, when the skin is moist and the sebum is softened.
● Avoid squeezing too hard or you might get squeeze marks.
● Give it a maximum of three tries (squeezes). If the blackhead is stubborn, leave it and try softening it with skincare products and extract at a later date. Or else, you might damage the skin.
● Avoid using any acid-based products for the next 24 hours after the extraction process.
You can visit aesthetician or Cosmetologist to get stubborn blackheads extracted using the right set of tools. And they also help you to get rid of acne and blackhead marks.